Monday, February 2, 2009

Happy Groundhogs Day!

Well I am really bored today. So bored in fact, I just found myself reading this article about how accurate the groundhog day theory is. How did this tradition get to be such a big deal anyway? Apparently the guy in the top-hat is the only one who speaks "groundhogese" and he translates whether or not little "Phil" saw his shadow. People actually come from all over to witness this "event." I guess this is proof that I'm not the only person in the world who is bored today.

I really shouldn't be bored because I have a lot of school work I could be doing. But I am so tired of writing parers, taking tests, and reading textbooks. I usually love school but this semester, I have no desire. I actually put a calendar up on the wall so that every night I can cross off one more day and think about being one day closer to summer.

I don't think it would be so bad if it so cold and yucky outside. There isn't even any snow to go play in. It's just cold and ugly out there. Oh and the smog doesn't help at all. I usually get depressed in the winter time but this one is the worst and I attribute it completely to smog.

Josh and I got callings on Sunday. I absolutely LOVE our new ward. I felt right at home the first time we went. We found out that there are a couple basement apartments here so we may get to stay in this ward even after our lease is up. Everyone seems so friendly and welcoming, I can't wait to get to know them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment