Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Thank You


Five years ago today...

I awoke at 4am in a hotel room in Oregon. I felt as though I was in a Daze. Someone was asleep on the floor, snoring. Someone was doing my hair. Many people were coming and going, asking questions about what color socks they should wear and if they were going to need their Temple clothing.

Eventually, we all decided that we were as ready as we were going to be and got into our cars. We arrived at the Temple very early. I think we were supposed to arrive at 10am and we actually got there at 9:30am. The Temple workers said they weren't ready for us and asked us to wait for a bit. This was actually nice because I felt that I had been running in circles all day and I really did need to relax for a minute.

It wasn't long before a Temple worker came and got me. Heidi came in with me as my mom was not there. I remember this day as being one of those times where being a convert and not being able to share my faith with my parents is really hard. I changed into my wedding dress. I was excited about this because I had told Josh that I was just going to wear my Temple dress. I wanted to surprise him when he saw me in my real dress for the first time.

As josh took my hand and said, "Yes," that he wanted to be married to me forever, I started crying. I can't believe that someone so amazing would pick me.

I just want to say Thank you Josh for picking me and for putting up with all my craziness for the past five years. I love you even more now than I did on that day.

2 comments:

  1. You are the amazing one. I still can't comprehend why you said yes (besides the fact that I asked) and why you continue to put up with me. Btw I love your craziness. And I most definately love you.

    ReplyDelete