Friday, May 25, 2012


Yup, that about sums up the week I've had.

I woke up and climbed out of bed when suddenly I became SO dizzy I had to lay back down. I asked Josh to get the kids ready while I rested for a bit. Benjamin, of course, refused to wear church clothes or church shoes. I finally dragged myself out of bed and told him, in no uncertain terms, that he WAS going to get dressed in CHURCH clothes! Anyway, we eventually made it to church and about halfway through Sacrament meeting my ear started hurting and I figured that was what was making me so dizzy. So I came home to lay down and Josh and the kids got a ride home.

The kids woke up WAY earlier than usual. We went to aerobics in the morning and came home for lunch. I made lunch for the kids and went downstairs to do laundry before getting in the shower. I heard a loud crash upstairs and then Benjamin was crying outside. He had fallen out the window onto his head. I started cleaning him up and he began acting strange so I took him to the hospital. 5 hours later, we left the hospital and I took the kids to get some lunch. I was still in my workout clothes and hadn't showered. It was 4:00 and we hadn't had lunch and Brianna hadn't had a nap.

I woke up to Brianna screaming in my face. I picked her up to see what was wrong and she vomited all over me and my bed. I wiped myself off and then put her in the bath. While I was bathing her, Benjamin decided he needed to change his bandaids. He opened every bandaid in, not one, but two full boxes of bandaids. Once Brianna was cleaned up, she fell asleep on the couch. Soon it was time for Benjamin to go to school and I didn't have the car so I called my neighbor to give him a ride. I started cleaning upstairs and found what had made Brianna vomit. She had gotten into some of my meds. There were partially eaten pills on the floor in my room.

For some reason, I thought that this was the day Benjamin was going to have lunch at school so I didn't feed him. He was VERY hungry by the time he got home at 4:00.

I was supposed to go practice singing with one of my neighbors at 7:30 but then got stuck in the checkout line at Walmart and was late.

While getting the kids ready to go to aerobics, I found that Briannas shoes are too small. They would not go on her feet. So I put some socks on her and we left. She, of course, stepped in a puddle of water in the garage. While I took her inside to get new socks, Benjamin climbed in the driver seat of the car and turned on all the lights, including the headlights and emergency flashers. He also turned the volume up on the radio so I had a lovely surprise when I turned the car on.

After aerobics, I went to Walmart to exchange some pants I had bought on Tuesday that turned out to be too small. While we were there, Brianna kept standing up in the cart so I buckled her in. She proceeded to scream the entire time we were there.

This was the day Benjamin was to have lunch at school so I didn't have to feed him. After I dropped him off at school, I decided to take Brianna out to lunch because I had a coupon for a free kids meal. She kept trying to stand up in the highchair, it didn't have buckles so I had to just keep sitting her back down. After she threw her food on the floor and dumped her ice cream in her lap, I decided it was time to go home.

After picking Benjamin up from school, I needed to go to the store to get some things for dinner. Benjamin kept running away from me and hiding so I picked him up and put him in the car. He proceeded to throw a fit and yell at me every time I put anything into the cart with him.

I got home and started making dinner. Benjamin went outside and threw water balloons at Brianna until she wouldn't stop screaming.

Josh was late getting home from work and then had to go to a Young Mens activity.

Benjamin found a blue (permanent) marker and used it to color all over his hands. He then used his blue hands to pick his nose and smear greenish slim all over his face. While I was attempting to clean him up, Brianna bit the tip off the marker successfully turning her teeth, face, and lips blue.

FINALLY, it was time to take Benjamin to school. The stroller is in the car so I had to carry Brianna. On the way home, my shin splints started acting up so I put her down to see if she would walk. She immediately sat down on the sidewalk and threw a fit. Luckily, my sister was coming for Benjamins Kindergarten program and was able to pick us up.

After the program, my sister and I went to Joanns to pick out some fabric for a dress I'm helping her make. While we were there, Benjamin started running away and climbing on things/knocking them over. So, once again, I put him in the back of the cart. He then told me he needed to go potty. I got him out of the cart and took him to the bathrooms. He then told me that he didn't really need to go he just wanted to get out of the cart. By then Brianna was screaming because she should be able to get out of the cart too.

I had to get the Indian costumes done today. I asked Benjamin to play outside with Brianna while I worked.

I fixed lunch for the kids and then asked Benjamin to play in his room while I put Brianna down for a nap. She WOULD NOT go to sleep. She screamed and yelled and cried for over an hour. Finally she feel asleep and as I was taking her up to her room I noticed that Benjamin wasn't in his room. I found him in the pantry. He had gotten into and knocked over several things making a pretty big mess in the kitchen. I sent him to his room and began cleaning up his mess. I then found a screwdriver that he had shoved into a tube of toothpaste and a large glass of orange juice he had spilled in the living room.

I told him he needed to stay in his room until I was done cleaning everything up. He then screamed and yelled and banged on the wall until Brianna woke up.

Eventually, I was able to get the Indian costumes done, Josh came home from work, and we had dinner. Now I am going to take a long hot bath ALONE!!! Hopefully tomorrow will be a little less crazy!


  1. Seriously, if you ever survive this, you are going to come out so, so strong. I am so sorry things are so tough for you at home. I hope that you got to enjoy some time to yourself! Hang in there, Catie!

  2. Next time you need to run to the store I will watch your kids for you. There is nothing like going to the store with screaming kids.