Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Random stuff

So one of Benjamin's chores this morning was to empty the dishwasher. He's been in there working on it for the past THREE hours. I just walked in the kitchen and said, "Holy Crap Benjamin, it's almost lunchtime and you're still doing your first job!" A few seconds later I heard a little voice behind me (Brianna) say "Ho-wee Cwaap Beh-Ben!" Awesome! I spend countless hours trying to get her to say her own name, yet she has no problem with this beautiful Phrase.

I can't even tell you how many times I find myself telling my kids to "come out of the closet." I don't know what their fascination is with playing in the closet but it drives me crazy. We only have 2 closets that have lights inside, the pantry, and my bedroom closet. I think you can probably imagine why this is so frustrating, cans crashing to the floor, cereal getting spilled, clothing pulled from the hangers, etc. It's even worse when they go in the pantry first and get some "snacks" then go in my closet and spill said "snacks" on the clothes that they just pulled onto the floor.

When I was younger, my dad used to use a rake to push everything to the centre of our Bedrooms so we could clean. I'm seriously considering doing it in Benjamin's room. Every time I ask him to clean he pushes everything under the bed, in the closet, and behind the dresser. I know every kids does that, but it is so much more frustrating when it's my kid. I don't see why he doesn't understand that shoving dirty clothes under your bed is so much more work than tossing them in the hamper.

I think Brianna already has "middle-child syndrome." She has started asking for a bottle (I'm not sure where this came from because we don't have any) and carrying a pacifier (Neither of my kids ever used one, she just has it for her doll). If she is sitting with me or Josh and Benjamin comes over she screams and says, "No, my Daddy/Mommy/story/etc."


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment