Sunday, November 4, 2012

Testimony

This morning in Relief Society, we had a lesson on Testimonies. The lady who was teaching (I do actually know her name I just don't know how she would feel about me posting it online) began by comparing a testimony to a plant. We can water and feed our testimony by attending church, reading scriptures, and keeping the commandments. We can expose our testimony to sunlight by sharing it with others. I had never really thought about it this way. A testimony really must be nurtured and cared for. Otherwise it will wither and shrink.

One question she asked really hit me; "What is a Testimony?" I believe that a testimony is a declaration of what you believe to be true. I know that when I bare testimony, solemnly declaring something to be right and true, the Holy Ghost will also testify of it's truthfulness to me as well as to the person to whom I am speaking.

I've been thinking about ways that I can share my testimony with Josh and the kids more often. Every morning we read scriptures as a family before Josh goes to work. A while back Josh started asking us, individually, to share what we had learned from the reading that day. I realised yesterday that this gives me an opportunity to share my testimony every morning.

I am truly blessed to have such an amazing husband who pushes me to learn and grow everyday. I love the opportunity I have everyday to hear Ben and Brianna share what they have learned from the scriptures. And most of all, I love starting each day by bringing the spirit into our home through prayer and scripture study.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Something Derek taught me we should share our testimonies that it one of the ways for it grow. He challenge me to share mine. Now every time I give it i think about that.

    ReplyDelete