Monday, December 17, 2012

Thoughts


6 years ago on December 13th, I took my beautiful, happy baby boy to Primary Children's hospital to have open-heart surgery.


I've been thinking about that day, how close we came to losing him. About the precious gift that we have been given in getting to keep Ben with us.

5 days later, on December 18th, he was released from the hospital. I was so grateful to be able to be
home for Christmas.

Today, I have been thinking about my niece Maddie who has been in the hospital since February 1st. My sister, Margaret, is facing spending Christmas in the hospital with her baby. My heart breaks as I think about this. I know what it is like to watch, pray, and beg for your child to get better. However, I can't begin to fathom what it would be like to go through it for so long.

I pray everyday for Maddie to get well so she can go home. I also continue to pray for Margaret to be strong and feel our love for her even when we can't be with her.


My thoughts have also been consumed by the horrific events that occurred in CT last Friday. My heart breaks as I think of all the families who will now be celebrating Christmas without the people they love.

I feel helpless as I watch people hurting and can't do anything to help.





No comments:

Post a Comment