I am working on an Easter dress for Brianna. It is turning out so cute that I couldn't wait to post pictures.
I still need to attach the sash (I am thinking about making it a little wider and just plain white). I have not stitched the applique onto the jacket yet either (I'm trying to decide if I like it better with or without it). And finally, I still need to hem it.
I used this pattern for the jacket and made-up a pattern for the dress by tracing a couple of Brianna's dresses and making adjustments so that it would look the way I wanted.
My favorite thing about this project is that it was completely free. I got the purple fabric from my mom's stash. I made the jacket out of an old T-shirt. I found the ribbon in my closet along with the white fabric (left-over from a quilt I made a while back) I used for the flower. And I had some white thread left-over from this project. I will probably have to buy something to help finish the hem and I really want to add something more to the jacket. Overall though, this is the cheapest Easter dress I have ever seen.