Saturday, February 4, 2012

When it rains, it POURS!!!

These past couple of weeks, I feel like I have been pushed out of an airplane along with everyone I care about. I am trying as hard as I can to hold onto as many people as I can even though I really can't help any of them because I am falling right along with them...Let me start at the begining...

My mom had knee replacement surgery in the end of January. On the day she was suposed to be released from the hospital (last Friday), she had a heart-attack and went into renal failure.

On that same day, Josh's car decided it didn't want to start anymore. We were stranded at Subway and had to call our home-teacher to give us a ride home. The transmission on my car had died in November so this left us with no cars. Early the next morning, I recieved the info about my mom but was unable to go see her because of the car situation.

Josh was able to get a hold of someone in our ward who knows about cars who helped him get it fixed.

A couple days later I got a phone call from my sister saying that she had just delivered her baby 15 weeks early. I drove to Brigham to see her. At this time, both of my kids were sick so I couldn't leave them with anyone and had to take them with me.

Shortly after the baby was lifeflighted to Ogden, I recieved a call from the lady who is renting our house in Logan. She wanted to let me know that the furnace wasn't working. $200.00 and a trip to Logan later, they have heat again.

I called the school to excuse Benjamin because he is still sick, and was told that he has almost reached his limit for unexcused absences and I needed to get a Dr note. So I made an appointment to see the Dr yesterday.

On the way to the Dr, my phone died and wouldn't charge in the car charger. After waiting FOREVER at the Dr we found that he has an ear infection and we got our excuse note.

I then drove to Ogden to see my sister and the baby who seem to be doing well.

Then I went to the bank to find out why Josh's debit card is no longer working while mine is just fine. An hour later, they were able to figure it out and I left to go get Josh from work.

After picking up Benjamin's meds from the pharmacy which (suprisingly) didn't take forever, we went home ate dinner and went to bed.

Then Josh was up sick all night so neither of us really slept.

Then this morning, I got told that everyone in my family is mad at me for not going to visit my mom more. I guess they had been sending text messages to me and thought I was ignoring them but it was really just that my phone had died. So I just wanted to take a minute to write this and say, I am very sorry for dropping the ball on this one. I got a little wrapped up in all my stupid little problems and forgot about taking care of mom and the things that really matter.

Now that our car is fixed, Benjamin is better, and our Logan house is working again, I will be going to see mom every evening and posting updates on her recovery. Please let me know if you would like to be included in recieveing updates and if you prefer text or email (I would rather not use Facebook if at all possible).

No comments:

Post a Comment