Friday, June 22, 2012

Pregnancy Update


I just read that hyperemesis gravidarum (a severe form of morning sickness, with "unrelenting, excessive pregnancy-related nausea and/or vomiting that prevents adequate intake of food and fluids) only occurs in about 1% of all pregnancies. I have been lucky enough to experience this in 100% of my pregnancies. 


With Benjamin, I lost close to 20-lbs and had started vomiting blood before I had a pic-line (Permanent-ish IV) placed. With Brianna I only lost 10-lbs before my Dr ordered the pic. This time, the situation is a bit more complicated. Insurance companies have placed some new restrictions on who qualifies for a pic-line. So I have this dilemma, do I hope that things will be better this time, or do I hope I will get sicker and meet the requirements for the pic?


So-far, it hasn't been quite as bad as my other two pregnancies. I have been feeling okay in the morning (kinda backwards for "morning" sickness) and then getting progressively worse throughout the day. So I've been doing errands and chores in the morning and napping in the afternoon. I see a lot of crock-pot dinners in our future. Ben has been so great about making lunch for himself and Brianna. So-far this has been working pretty well.


I'm excited to find out the gender so I can get sewing!




Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment