Sunday, August 12, 2012

Pregnant Rant...

I actually cried as I read this post. I can not even begin to express how much it helps to know I am not the only person to go through this.  All the comments people make:
"I think it's just all in your head."
"I love being pregnant, it's the greatest feeling ever."
"I would never take nausea meds. I could never do anything that might hurt my baby."
"I just deal with the discomfort. I will always do what's best for my baby."

My second pregnancy pet-peeve is people acting like having a C-section is the worst possible thing that could happen. I have heard so many people saying they never really connected with their baby because they weren't born naturally. Or people warning you that your Dr will try to coerce you into having one because they want to get home. Seriously, if that is how much you trust your Dr, Find a different one! I have had 2 unplanned C-sections and both times it was what was best for my baby. What happened to "I can handle a little discomfort if it's what's best for my baby?!?!"

Finally, I don't understand why people feel it is okay to comment on how "huge" a person is when they are pregnant. Comments like: "Are you sure it's not twins" or "Maybe you are actually further along than you think you are." Why on earth would you think that I want to hear that right now? Trust me, I already know that I'm the size of an elephant. You really don't need to point it out.

 and Why, why, WHY would you walk up to someone and rub their stomach??? On what planet is that normal/okay?

Okay that is the end of my rant...I feel so much better having let that out.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. MY pregnancy rants: Why, when you tell people the gender, do they actually think that it's okay to point out that you probably wanted the OTHER gender??? I hate when people first find out I'm pregnant, and immediately, their eyes drift down to my already-fat-but-not-because-it's-pregnant belly. I also hate when people say, "Wow, you guys are like rabbits! Give your wife a break," as if it's their business how many and how quickly we have our children, and as if I have no say in the matter. Gotta love pregnacy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when people say "Do you know what your having?" Or "Let us know when you find out what it is." I already know what it is, it's a baby.

    Also with the gender thing, people act like it's like picking out a new shirt. "Oh you got another blue too bad I guess you'll just have to keep trying for pink." Like as if I'm going to love this kid less if it doesn't turn out to be the right "colour."

    I agree with you on the rabbit thing. My parents had 10 kids and people would say some pretty crude things like, "Wow maybe you guys should get a hobby or something." (to which my mom responded, "We have one!") Or "Do you like ever leave your bedroom?" "Wow, 3 kids in diapers at the same time! Why would you do that to yourself?"

    ReplyDelete